Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Assignment 1: Closing Thoughts

This is a very interesting experience for me... as I am sure that it is for everybody in the class. Over the last few years I have been working personally with some pretty 'green' developers. When I say 'green', I mean inexperienced. Therefore I have spent countless hours 'dumbing down' architecture, and the specific use of spaces, the requirements there of, and the people that use them. Now I have just broken the surface of the academic world of architecture, which seems so far removed from these experiences, I am having trouble switching gears. This may be the reason that in the diagrams for the first assignment I might have over simplified the objects that I was attempting to compare. I am open/asking for comments/suggestions from my classmates that might help me 'catch up' to the academic language of architecture.

1 comment:

Ellie said...

The academic language I am looking for is "clarity". Don't get concerned with whether the diagrams have the current look or are incorporating the latest stylistic characteristics. Spend the time making sure they are clear representations/depictions of a clear thought process.